President Uhuru Kenyatta has excited Kenyans on Twitter after making a rare tweet to the National Super Alliance (NASA) presidential candidate Raila Odinga, wishing him quick recovery.
The head of state, replying to one of former Prime Minister’s tweet bashing the President, wished Raila a quick recovery. Raila had been admitted at the Mombasa Hospital on Sunday for suspected food Poisoning, but was discharged later.
Raila Odinga’s Tweet read: "Uhuru is unashamedly propagating 'Nusu mkate' fantasies and lies no one believes. We have no plans of sharing power with you Mr President.", which President Uhuru replied saying, "My brother Raila Odinga Happy to see you've recovered well."
The conversation between the two front-runners in next month’s election elicited mixed reactions from their supporters, attracting praise and criticism in equal measure.
- "Wow that's great coming from a great leader. Let all support peace. As Uhuru wins this election," Boniface Njenga, a twitter user, said.
- "Haha wish you two could be responding to each other more often," another reply to the tweet read even as others taunted the message saying it was probably posted by the president himself.
- "You are both Kenyans. Keep it tight as brothers and keep Kenya above personal interest," Cheruiyot Ray said.
- Another user Humphrey Wambui asked the two leaders to: "Kindly unite Kenyans. We don't want bloodshed in the company,”
- One Philip Kitur said: "Good show of lovely brotherhood. After all, we all pray4him coz we need him see watch your second time in office after August ELECTIONS! (sic)"
- Daniel Karanja said: "Now, we must work hand in hand with him to send you home, we loved you but corruption and incompetency loved you most."
- "Baba. Our prayers are strong & God is with Kenya. Thanks for checking on a brother. Genuine Peace is what we want from you two loved leaders," a user identified as Chunga Vandu said.