Today, Kenyans can be found in virtually every capital city in the world undertaking different activities including work, studies, business, sports, etc. While abroad, the majority of Kenyans retain active links at home in Kenya which is attested to by the fact that their remittances back home have been found, through studies, to play a key role in Kenya’s economy. While abroad, Kenyans remit monies back home for various purposes that include real estate, business whether active or prospective/speculative, charity etc. In this regard, there arises a need for Kenyans in the Diaspora to access legal services in a timely manner for any or all of the following issues:
Representation of one’s legal interests in Kenya on diverse matters such as:
- Land Matters – undertaking due diligence on identified property, drafting the sale agreement, drafting necessary transfer documents, liaison with various persons, representation in meetings that require legal representation, registration of transfer documents, and attending court to articulate the client’s concerns where necessary;
- Corporate Matters – incorporation of company, business, partnership or joint venture; attending crucial meetings on client’s behalf including voting by proxy where requested to; restructuring of company such as change of shareholding, name change, and increase of share capital; restructuring of business or partnership; filing of annual returns at company registry; drafting of contracts and agreements for various purposes; preparation of legal opinions; advising on the necessary licences and permits required for the purpose of undertaking different business activities and other activities such as research, cinematography, photography; supervision of execution and implementation of contracts entered into with parties in Kenya for various works; and attending court to articulate client’s concerns;
- Family Law Matters – child support and succession (transmission of estate of deceased persons), preparation of wills, execution of wills and creation of trusts;
- Immigration - immigration status and citizenship issues; and
- Undertaking other Routine Legal Work - such as assisting clients to establish charitable organisations under either the Non- Governmental Organisations (NGO) Coordination Act which will be replaced by the Public Benefit Organisations Act once issued with a commencement date, Company Limited by Guarantee under the Companies Act or a Trust under the Trustees (Perpetual Succession)Act; intellectual property matters such as registration of patents and copyrights; preparation of power of attorney; preparation of non-disclosure agreements; and execution of instructions by client with respect to the implementation of matters of concern to them that require periodic and regular updates.
Please do not hesitate to contact us through the means convenient to you should you have any questions, wish to seek any clarification, or require our services.