- Add new comment
- 69 views
As an insurance agent I help people enroll in Obamacare and Life insurance policies at no charge. Iâ€™ve been talking to a lot of people lately about buying life insurance after a community leader in Dallas, TX took me to task for not being â€˜aggressiveâ€™ in bringing life insurance awareness to our community. I thought about it and realised itâ€™s the responsibility of every community leader, religious leader, friend, spouse and even ourselves to make sure we get life insurance.
I have been urging folks to get it, but for every 10 people I talk to, 4 will buy right away but 6 will give one of the following reasons why they wonâ€™t buy it immediately.
- I wonâ€™t die anytime soonâ€‹Â No one knows the day or the hour. Death doesnâ€™t discriminate on age, gender, race, financial status, etc. If youâ€™re making a living, no matter how low your pay, please get some life insurance. If your place of work provides it, please get it there, but it doesnâ€™t hurt to get another private individual policy that can be in place if you lose your job or start your own business.
- If I buy, Iâ€™m calling death to come visit meâ€‹Â total hogwash, thereâ€™s no evidence whatsoever that people who buy life insurance are more likely to die. These are some of the superstitions that keep us poor and prevent people from building legacies.
- I donâ€™t need itâ€‹Â If I die, just bury me in a cheap coffin or cremate and dump my ashes in the nearest pond. We all know this never happens, as soon as the family is notified of the death of a loved one, a proper send off must be arranged. Body must be taken back to your family land for everyone to pay their last respects. Food must be prepared, transport and accommodation must be arranged. Not to mention lost income from all the time off taken to give you a proper send off. Please by all means, put yourself in the shoes of your loved ones and get a life insurance policy to take care of them in the event of your untimely death.
- I canâ€™t afford life insuranceâ€‹Â Term policies are really affordable. Rates can be pennies per day depending on age, health condition, etc. If you budget properly, Iâ€™m sure youâ€™ll realise you have enough money to buy a good life insurance policy. Itâ€™s all about priorities! You canâ€™t afford not to have it.
- Iâ€™m not required to buy it like car, health or home insuranceÂâ€‹Thatâ€™s true. You buy life insurance out of love. Your financial responsibilities such as rent, mortgage, education, food, clothing, shelter, etc do not end just because youâ€™re gone. Instead, they get shifted to others, increasing their burdens. Itâ€™s bad enough that the family would now live without your presence, please donâ€™t make them live without your financial input as well.
- If I buy it, my beneficiary will kill meâ€‹Â If you really believe this, then youâ€™re a very distrustful and paranoid person. Not everybody is out there to get you! I know there are instances where loved ones kill each other for life insurance funds, but itâ€™s very rare. If you feel this can be a problem, just donâ€™t disclose to your beneficiaries that you have a policy. This should not make you not get protected. If youâ€™re gone, your loved ones will struggle to fund your funeral and support your family if you have one.
- Procrastinationâ€‹Â Stop saying youâ€™ll buy it next week, next month, next year...do it now. You might not be around next month, get covered today. The younger you are, the cheaper it is. In addition, you might get diagnosed with an illness such as cancer, HBP, HIV, etc making it very costly or unqualified to get coverage. Generally, the sooner you get it the cheaper it is. For permanent policies, the sooner you get them, the quicker you start getting returns on your hard earned money. I bet you probably have some money sitting in your checking account earning 0 to very low returns, why not put it in a Universal Life Insurance policy and start getting some tax free interest? Itâ€™s a winÂwin, you get protected and your money works for you at the same time. Call me for more details and a personalized illustration.
- Not easy to shop for coverageâ€‹Â I do agree that there are so many options out there leading to so much information that you end up being indecisive and inertia kicks in. To solve this problem, please contact a life insurance agent like me to narrow down the options for you. Its easy to make a decision between 3 choices as opposed to 28. The cost you pay is the same if you were to get it online or through an agent like me. Some agents charge an extra fee but I donâ€™t.
- Itâ€™s not in our culture to buy life insuranceâ€‹Â I believe in many things in my culture, but I also borrow other helpful ideas from other cultures. Life insurance is one of them, especially considering back in the day, folks in my culture did not travel and live as Diaspora. I also believe life insurance used properly can help build a great legacy that can transform the fortunes of your family for generations to come. There are even life insurance policies that provide living benefits, they accumulate cash value that you access later for retirement, terminal illnesses care, education, etc.
- Itâ€™s a waste of moneyâ€‹Â If after reading points 1 through 9 above you still believe that you are wasting your money by buying life insurance, then thereâ€™s nothing else we can do to help you. I rest my case!
Iâ€™d love to hear other reasons you might have or have heard from your family and friends, please check out my contact info below. Please talk to them and make sure they get covered, remember the burden will be on you if God forbid they die without any coverage in place. Weâ€™ll come to grieve with you and even contribute to help offset medical and other final expenses, but we can only do it so many times. Itâ€™s simply not sustainable to raise enough funds for every death that occurs in our communities. Life insurance is the solution, please get covered then urge your people to do the same.
Call me for a FREE, no obligation consultation. I also give you FREE quotes and once you decide on a plan, I enroll you for FREE! You just send your premiums directly to the insurance company. You can also buy it online or through other agents, bottom line is, what matters most is your protection and the protection of your loved ones. Get covered today!
Patrick Nganga, MBA is a licensed independent insurance agent representing many companies.
What usually happens is that the deceased's family wants to do a proper burial. There's a good chance your wishes won't be obeyed. In addition, you probably had people that relied on your financial help such as parents, siblings, other relatives and most importantly your spouse and kids. When you pass away, wouldn't it be better to have enough funds to take care of the funeral, pay off the mortgage, take care of their education and other future needs?
Why not buy a life insurance policy for pennies per day and when tragedy strikes, all your loved ones will be set financially? It's bad enough you'll be gone, let them not suffer financially as well.
Call me 866-504-3360.
@Patrick Nganga, I am informing those who do not know about donating the body. By donating your body to science, you're not only saving your family money, but are helping give surgeons a learning opportunity which may lead to a more efficient technique or a new life-saving surgical procedure. Full body donation makes cutting edge developments in the fields of cancer treatment, thoracic research and neurology studies possible.
I'm not disputing that, in fact, its a good alternative to some people. The bigger point I'm making is that the income lost and the future earning potential is the main reason you get life insurance. It's good to know that the people around you won't miss your financial input inaddition to missing your presence.
So, yes, I agree you have a great option that many people were not aware of, but that doesn't absolve the need to have life insurance.
Harambeeeee....... Keep the spirit of harambee alive that is why we are kenyan. We cannot kill the spirit of harambee. Get to know people in your community and else where, socialize, make many friends and they will attend your harambee when you die. It is a form of investment.
Harambee na maombolezi lazima tutakuja, lakini shida ni kwamba ile pesa tutatoa haitoshi kuwalewa watoto. In most cases harambees only raise enough money to just send the body home, sometimes its not even enough, leading to your loved ones borrowing money. What about your parents that were getting something from you every month? More importantly, if you're a parent, wouldn't it be nice to know if you're not there, the costs of education, clothing, food, shelter, etc are all covered? The policies are very affordable, I just insured someone for $22/month, and to use his words..."This kind of money I spend it every week on stuff that don't really matter when it's all said and done...." Let's get covered!
Call me 866-504-3360.
What is covered in 22/month? Insurance is very complicated. Many people in the usa do not have relatives and some have life insurance from work. Does it cover expatriate of the remains? How long does it take to get the money once somebody dies? Give us the website that shows the benefits?
The gentleman is 40 years old and the $22/month got him covered for $250,000. Meaning if he dies tomorrow, his beneficiary will be given the $250K as soon as they present the death certificate and the life insurance company verifies everything which in most cases is done in 3 business days.
The money can be used for whatever you want to do with it. So yes, it can be used by the family to send the remains home, pay for the tickets of other family members, buy a plot at home, build an apartment block, pay off or buy a new home cash, open a college fund for the kids, start a retirement fund for the spouse, send the funds to your parents at home, etc. Its up to the beneficiary to decide.
Oh, by the way, the death benefit is given to you tax free, uncle sam won't come after you!
Elephant in the room-keep addressing it. It is a case of "...... people perish for lack of knowledge...."
PLEASE SHOUT THIS FROM THE ROOF TOPS!!!
For most people it costs about as much as one evening out with your friends per month.
You can even sign up for a $20,000 policy that will basically cover for transporting you back to your family and according you a decent burial. That will probably cost you less than $10 per month.
Unless one is jobless and has no source of income, there is no excuse for not having life insurance.
Go ahead and take life insurance. Go ahead buy other types of insurances especially those that cater for final expenses. The insurance is affordable. I am covered by my employer and yet I have purchased life insurance for my family. That way, if God decides to call me, my family can afford to pay off the mortgage and all my debts outstanding after being compensated by the insurance company and also be able to give me a good send off. By not taking life insurance, its just being ignorant of the modern times. You just need to understand that we are in a very capitalistic country and if something happens , you leave your family in alot of trouble which is never the plan of a wise parent. Every parent want to see his or kids succeed e even after they are gone. I think the issue of donating the body is not the issue here. Donating the body only preempts the burial costs but dont forget that life insurance is not about burial of a dead body. It also a way of ensuring a painless transition where bread winner passes on.mortgages ,debts and credit cards can be paid off with that money and allow the family to adjust to the new life. The life insurance money can also be channelled into an education fund for your kids . As a good parent , there is no bargaining as to whether once should have life insurance or not. Its a MUST have!
Donating your body to State Anatomy Board is the cheapest method. If you die in the state you donated the body they will come and pick the body immediately without any cost at all........ Google about it. ......................---------------...............------------........ If a signed donor dies in one of the states surrounding, the family will have the cost of transporting the body into the State -- usually the closest funeral home inside the border. If a donor dies out of state and the distance to transport is unreasonable, then the closest Medical Teaching Facility should be notified, as well as the Anatomy Board's office.