The Kenya Embassy in Washington, DC is informing Kenyans living in the United States and Mexico that the Huduma Namba registration process in currently ongoing. The Embassy says the process started on May 6th and will end on June 19, 2019.
Huduma Namba registration is part of the Kenyan government’s process of developing a digital integrated database of all citizens and foreigners living in Kenya, with the aim of enhancing the provision of Government services and for national planning.
Kenyans living in the US will need to start the registration process online at https://diaspora.hudumanamba.go.ke and fill out the online form before presenting themselves in person at the Embassy for capturing of their biometric information.
The government announced that the registration period for those living in Kenya ends on May 18th, but extended the period for those in the Diaspora to June.
- The primary documents for registration are: (i) Kenyan National Identity Card or Kenyan Passport for persons aged 18 and above (ii) Kenyan Birth Certificate for persons below 18 years of age
- Please present other relevant documents including Kenyan Driving licence, National Social Security Fund (NSSF) card, National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) card, Kenya Revenue Authority PIN Certificate
- To commence the online registration process, please visit: https://diaspora.hudumanamba.go.ke
- Create an account using your First Name and Email Address;
- You will receive an email giving you a temporary password (Check your junk/spam mail in case you do not see it in the main inbox);
- Log into the created account using the temporary password sent to the provided email;
- Fill in the registration form and submit;
- You will receive an email with the reference number and the registration document number;
- Please present yourself to the Kenya Embassy in Washington DC with the email and all the relevant original documents stated above for scanning and capturing of the biometrics and finalization of the registration process;
- Parents/Guardians may use their accounts to register Minors. Biometric data will not be captured for children under the age of 6 years;
- During the mass registration period, the Embassy will remain open for the purposes of this exercise as follows on Mondays to Fridays - 9:30 a.m. to 3.30 pm except on Public Holidays.
- For further information/clarification please contact the Consular Section through: Tel: +1(202)387-6101 or email: <firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Biometrics and document capture cannot be executed unless the applicant has completed the online application form and received the reference numbers.