Kenya Vision 2030 Chairman Dr James Mwangi to Hold Investment Forums in the USA
Kenya Vision 2030 Delivery Board Chair is reaching out to East Africans living in the USA to invest back home.
Dr. James Mwangi, Chairman of Kenya’s Vision 2030 and CEO of Equity Group Holdings will be holding diaspora meetings in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, Boston and New Jersey to discuss “Emerging investment opportunities in East Africa”. The intention of this drive is to offer East Africans information on opportunities to invest back home while living or working abroad and control how their money works for them from wherever they are.
The forums will be held between December 8th and - December 12th, 2016. Kenyans will be exposed to available secure opportunities for investment back home.
Kenya, which is East Africa’s largest economy, is forecast to grow at about 6 per cent this year. There are a number of reasons for optimism across the region including increasing infrastructure investments, fiscal consolidation and a developing private sector.
Kenya’s economy remains resilient growing at 6.1% in the first 6 months of this year compared to a similar period when it grew at 5.3% in 2014 and 5.6% last year. Kenya is arguably the fastest growing country in Africa as it stands today and the focus for the Kenyan economy to grow by 6% in 2016 is still feasible.
The World Bank believes that Kenya in particular “has the potential to be one of Africa’s great success stories from its growing and youthful population, a dynamic private sector, a new constitution, and its pivotal role in East Africa.”
- Los Angeles – Thursday, December 8th at 6pm: Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove; 12021 Harbor Blvd, Garden Grove, CA 92840
- Dallas - Friday, December 9th at 6pm: Sheraton Hotel; 4440 W John Carpenter Freeway, Irving, TX 75063
- Atlanta - Saturday, December 10th at 6pm: Radisson Hotel Atlanta-Marietta; 1775 Parkway Pl SE, Marietta, GA 30067
- Boston – Sunday, December 11th at 4pm: Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conf Ctr; 1657 Worcester Rd, Framingham, MA 01701
- New Jersey – Monday, December 12th at 6pm: Radisson Hotel; 12 Kingbridge Rd, Piscataway, NJ 08854
FREE Entry to all events. RSVP at http://ke.equitybankgroup.com/usadiasporatour