Kenya Diaspora Summit 2012 - April 14-15 2012 in Boston
The Kenya Diaspora Development Collaborative (KDDC) has the pleasure of inviting you to the first truly global Kenya Diaspora Summit. The big idea behind the summit is that before Diaspora can help transform Kenya, the Diaspora must be empowered. To be empowered, the Diaspora must speak with one voice.
Various options are ours for the taking - Diaspora Fund, Technology Parks in Kenya, Kenya community centres in cities with 5,000+ Kenyans, Financial Instruments, business loans/support, Home link services to help you with family/community projects. The expected grand outcome is a powerful democratically elected confederation of Diaspora organizations, and a for-profit Co-operative to galvanize our wealth-creation.
Unity and collaboration is the basis of empowerment.
At the Kenya Diaspora Summit, finally, Diaspora Kenyans get their acts together.
As an innovative forward looking change agent, we cordially invite you to join fellow world-class thinkers and a roster of cutting-edge speakers, professionals and thought leaders on April 14-15, 2012 in Boston, MA, USA for an exclusive event, KENYA DIASPORA SUMMIT 2012.
Early-Bird Registration Extended
Just $68 until March 31st, 2012
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Theme: Building Bridges to Sustainable Prosperity
Overview: KENYA DIASPORA SUMMIT 2012 will help develop a stakeholder-driven framework for maximizing development and leadership contribution of Kenyans abroad to national transformation.
Audience: The summit will bring together policy makers, Diaspora organizations, entrepreneurs, innovators, professionals, innovators, development agencies, public and private sector organizations, academics, as well as thought leaders from government & policy, and major think tanks and associations in order to enhance common understanding of the issues at stake and policy gaps related to Diaspora citizens engagement.
Program: This is not your typical talking-head event. KENYA DIASPORA SUMMIT promises fresh perspectives on the innovative ideas and enabling technologies shaping our future. The conference program features three types of sessions:
- Keynote addresses â€” Speeches from leading figures in government. industry, NGO, Academia from Kenya and Diaspora.
- One Great Idea â€” Individual, 12-minute presentations (Ã la TED Talks) by innovators sharing a breakthrough, achievement, insight or other â€œgreat ideaâ€ that is as inspiring as it is informative (and maybe a little entertaining)
- Roundtables â€” 16 Breakout sessions that take deeper dives into practical applications, case studies, and tangible leadership projects. Track speakers come from a range of disciplines and are experts in their respective field. The resolutions of the roundtables are in the form of action plans for immediate post-summit implementation.
Great Outcome ------ Findings, conclusions and action plans resulting from the Summit will contribute directly to a Kenyan Diaspora Development Masterplan, which we hope will serve as a framework for maximizing development and leadership contribution of Kenyans abroad to national development
At the KENYA DIASPORA SUMMIT 2012, you will:
- Meet the leading thinkers, policymakers and executives showing the way to life-changing opportunities.
- Learn about converging technologies in a highly interconnected world, where information technology infuses commerce, innovation, education and entrepreneurship, tying them together, making each smarter.
- Discover the opportunities for collaborative innovation, business start-up, home country business start-up support and financing.
- Be part of the change- Kenyan Diaspora Collaborative is already working on a Diaspora Manufacturing plant to be established in Kenya by November 2012, the Kenya Diaspora One Tourist per Year proposal, Diaspora Distance Education Initiative, Home Link Services for Kenyans Abroad and more.
- Dr. Richard Leakey (Professor, Turkana Basin Institute, Stony Brook University)Dr. John Githongo (CEO, Inkuka Kenya)
- Mr. Bedan Mbugua (Royal Media)
- Prof. Hon Julia Ojiambo
- Ms. Lilian Mahiri-Zaja (Vice-Chair, Independent Electoral &Boundaries Commission Kenya-IEBC)
- Njonjo Mue (Africa, Director, International Centre for Tansitional Justice-ICTJ) & more
3. GOVT, PROFIT, NONPROFIT COLLAB
4. TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERSHIP
5. DIASPORA EMPOWERMENTâ€”MANF. PLANT
6. KENYA ECO-TOURISM INITIATIVE
7. HOME-LINK SERVICES FOR KENYANS ABROAD
8. DIAPSORA DISTANCE LEARNING PROJECT
9. BUSINESS LOANS AND EQUITYâ€”DIAPSORA FUND
10. ENDING CORRUPTION IN KENYA
11. ELECTORAL INTEGRITY AND DIASPORA VOTING
12. WATER, FOOD, ENVIRONMENT
13. HARNESSING ICT
14. GREEN TECHNOLOGY
15. WOMEN EMPOWERMENT
16. WTHNIC HARMONY AND NATIONAL COHESION
KENYA DIASPORA SUMMIT 2012 is expected to sell out quite early. To confirm availability, and register to participate in this groundbreaking event, please RSVP today.
Interested in presenting in a roundtable panel? Click Here
Interested in sponsoring? Click Here