Job Opening in Kenya - Alliance & Partnership Specialist
SSG Advisors (an international consulting firm based in Burlington, Vermont, USA) has an opening for a Kenya-based Alliance & Partnership Specialist with experience in engaging local, regional, and or international private sector businesses and companies in brokering and building public-private alliances with social development objectives.
The specialist will play a leading role in designing, brokering, and building public-private alliances with leading regional and multi-national companies in support of major objectives related to food security and technological innovation. Please note: only Kenyan citizens are eligible for the position.
The position is expected to begin in March 2012. The responsibilities of the Alliance & Partnership Specialist include but are not limited to:
- Working with a US-based Alliance Advisor, develops strategic partnerships and alliances with private and public sector actors and other implementers to achieve project objectives;
- Serves as principal project liaison with private sector partners and stakeholders;
- Assists project stakeholders in developing public-private partnerships and alliances;
- Organizes meetings with local and international business representatives;
- Coordinates conversations, roundtables, and activities across a number of industry groups, business sectors, and organizations.
- Provides thought leadership in support of alliances, including the development of new alliance modalities;
- Provides timely and accurate reporting to SSG, implementing partners, and USAID on all partnership project areas;
- Maintains records and data bases of business prospects and contacts;
- Demonstrated experience in understanding, brokering, and/or overseeing the development of public-private alliances and partnerships;
- Experience with Kenyan and international business and corporate social responsibility;
- Solid network of local and/or international business contacts;
- Excellent understanding of the local business context;
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain effective working relationships with the private sector, citizen groups, and other key project stakeholders.
- Experience delivering responsive and timely support to demanding clients;
- Familiarity and experience with the USAID/GDA business model desirable;
- Bachelors Degree in relevant field; Business degree a plus;
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite;
- Ability to work flexible hours including occasional evenings;
- Comprehensive English and Swahili language skills;
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com with â€œKenya Alliance & Partnership Specialistâ€ in the subject line by March 5th, 2012. Please note: only citizens of Kenya are eligible for consideration. Only finalists will be contacted for interviews. No phone calls please.
Company Profile: SSG Advisors is an international consulting firm based in Burlington, Vermont, USA, that works with a variety of government and commercial clients on market-driven sustainable development solutions around the world. Since 2005, we have completed assignments in nearly 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and Latin America. SSG is currently preparing for a new program in Kenya that will focus on food security and innovation with the private sector.