Several people are feared trapped inside a seven-storey building that collapsed in Kware estate, Embakasi area in Nairobi on Monday Night.
Police say that they have evacuated several people who were residing in the structure, although an unknown number of tenants are believed to be trapped inside the building.
Reports from the Embakasi police boss indicate that 121 tenants have been accounted for, while there could be several others inside the structure that collapsed after its foundation sunk.
Joas Nemati, a resident of Kware area told journalists that a huge crack on one of the staircases of the building was repaired hours before the building went down.
Police rushed to the scene and carried out evacuation, before the evacuation experts arrived.
Nairobi County Governor Evans Kidero, Woman Representative Rachael Shebesh, Esther Passaris and Jonathan Mweke are some of Nairobi leaders who toured the scene on Tuesday Morning.
Nairobi Governor Evans said that the building was one of hundreds of structures that had been marked for demolition by the county as had not met National Construction Authority standards.
The Kenya Red Cross said on their Twitter account that the number of those missing was yet to be established, even as evacuation efforts continue.