President Uhuru Kenyatta's re-election campaign team has come up with #45MillionStrong hashtag to counter opposition coalition NASA's #10MillionStrong.
NASA's '10MillionStrong' phrase is coined after the 10 million votes the coalition hopes to garner in the August 8 polls, votes they say will be enough to send President Uhuru Kenyatta home.
Speaking in Isiolo over the weekend, President Uhuru said that Jubilee’s will be #45MillionStrong, as his team seeks to unite all the 45 million Kenyans.Uhuru said he is the leader of all 45 million Kenyans, thus the '45MillionStrong' slogan.
This comes as the National Cohesion and Integration Commission (NCIC) chairman Francis Ole Kaparo and Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Ole Nkaissery condemned usage of such slogans, saying that they were recipe of chaos and violence, especially during the electioneering period.
Kenyans on Monday took to Twitter using the hash tag #45MillionStrong to react to the President's new slogan.
Here are some of the reactions:
- @ Babu_Owino: JUBILEE’s # 45MillionStrong includes 5 Million dead voters .# 45millionhungry
- @paulinenjoroge: When NASA is only concerned about 10 million people, President @UKenyatta is focused on serving and uplifting all Kenyans # 45MillionStron
- @erickogi: For 20yrs this human being has preached hatred, chaos & division,from 1982 coup attempt to 2007 violence,bt Jubilee blvs in # 45MillionStrong
- @BelAkinyii: Jubilee have run out of ideas and used to stealing such that now resorting to stealing Raila ideas. T# 45MillionStrong
- @Machukah: # 45MillionStrong the gov't has taken services closer to the people! @HudumaKenya is in all corners of this country!
- @Sandrahnk: HE Uhuru has remained determined to a united Kenya while others focused on tribal animosity in hunger for power but we are # 45MillionStrong
- @atanasi_: you, me and United Kenya are under the almighty. We're 45M Strong. ~ President Uhuru Kenyatta # 45MillionStrong