New President Uhuru Designer Shirt Receives High Marks
President Uhuru Kenyatta is receiving high fashion praises for a design shirt he wore to different party events on Saturday.
The president wore a white shirt custom designed for his 2017 Jubilee campaign as he attended events by Maendeleo Chap Chap and Narc Kenya events, two parties that officially endorsed him on Saturday.
He later attended the Jubilee Party’s National Delegates Convention at Bomas of Kenya, where he and Deputy President William Ruto were officially nominated at Jubilee Party’s presidential candidate and running mate respectively.
Kenyans gave the new shirt high marks and compared it to a famous silk casual shirt that President Uhuru loves to wear despite the low reviews it gets from Kenyans.
The new shirt was made by an upcoming Nairobi-based designer Carol Pulei.
“Congratulatios Carol Pulei. She is the designer who came up with the beautiful shirt worn by President Kenyatta today. She hustled for a chance, she got it and it was great. Much respect, Carol,” wrote Dennis Itumbi, State House Director of Digital Communications.
Pulei runs a clothing shop along Ring Rd in Kilimani, and beat several other designers in a competition to design the official Jubilee presidential flag bearer’s shirt.
Here are some reactions from Kenyans on social media:
- @mwabilimwagodi: Margareth should ensure that any time Uhuru Kenyatta has to go anywhere he must wear this shirt. Retire those shiny things already!
- @GicheruGicheru: Can the designer of Uhuru's shirt today please stand up!!!!
- @OliverMathenge: But Uhuru's shirt today is on point!
- @cherucole: That shirt ya Uhuru Kenyatta was total fire today
- @jwmedia64: The dazzling Uhuru's shirt was designed by Carol Pulei
- @Wanjaah: Meet Carol Pulei the designer who made H.E Uhuru's Shirt that left everyone talking.