The Equity Insurance Agency has unveiled a new medical cover targeting Kenyans living in the diaspora to benefit their loved ones back home.
Dubbed ‘Equimed’, the new medical insurance cover is reliable, affordable and flexible. Equimed is underwritten by Britam Insurance Company and caters for outpatient, inpatient, maternity, dental, optical among many other benefits.
In a survey conducted by Equity Bank in an online poll with Kenyans in diaspora as respondents, it was established that, when sending money back home, nearly 30% of them mentioned medical care as their priorities. This was the second highest rating after investments
which polled at 36%.
A recent report by Central Bank of Kenya showed remittances by Kenyans living abroad had risen by 4.1 per cent in the first half of the year to $887.6 million (Sh91.6 billion) in first half of 2017.
“Equimed is a comprehensive medical insurance package offered to individuals, families, groups and
SMEs that will enable diaspora customers take care of their loved ones back home. This will save them
money and more importantly given them peace of mind,” said David Muchiri, the General Manager for
Equity Insurance Agency.
Features of Equimed include;
- Outpatient Cover which caters for medical procedures or tests that are done in a health clinic or facility without an overnight stay
- Inpatient Cover which caters for; Medical procedures and treatments that require hospital admission, Bodily injury caused by an accident occurring while the policy is in force, Sickness or disease which first manifests itself while the policy is in force
- Day care surgeries that require the patient to be admitted to a hospital and to occupy a hospital bed during the day
- Maternity which covers natural birth, caesarean section, ante-natal, post-natal
- routine, immunizations, pre-existing, chronic, congenital, HIV/AIDS related conditions, dental benefit, optical benefit among others.
For more information, log onto: http://ke.equitybankgroup.com/diaspora/insurance-service/medical -
insurance/ or https://insurance.equitybankgroup.com/index.php/products/health . You can also email Kenyans.Abroad@equitybank.co.ke.